Saturday, November 13, 2010

Accumulation and Metaphor- Space and Time




For my space and time accumulation I am working with the accumulation of language. It is going to consist of three projects. I have been keeping a notebook and I try to write in it everyday. Sometimes I write a poem, sometimes a short story. The notebook has 35 pages and I am on pg. 28. I am printing each page onto a piece of 8.5 x 11 in silk organza. I am going to build a box and frame the layers of fabric in the box. Behind the fabric is going to be a light and a set of speakers. The speakers are going to play a sound piece of me reading each page, layered on top of each other. And then there are going to be two silent representations. One is going to be a stop motion. I am going to print each page on the same piece of printer paper and photograph the paper after each print. And the third piece is going to be a giant poster of the final accumulation of language. I want to either print it 44x47 or 24x72. I want that piece to be confrontational.

No comments:

Post a Comment