Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Finals Update

Accumulation and Metaphor

Cellular Accumulation- We each made an island with each of our creations. We are going to display them in a window in the embroidery room in the Station building. It is a creepy, eerily lit place.

System of Accumulation- My ant-bridge-knot embroidery. I am going to mount it onto a piece of tulle with some interfacing. I am also going to weave some headphones into it and have it connect two people at the ear and I am making a sound piece of what the bridge sounds like. And its a bridge now, not just an ant bridge so it should connect something.

Accumulation in Space and Time- This is my ambitious project. I am making a light box sort of thing. I am sandwiching the delicate pieces of fabric between plexiglass and putting a light box behind it as well as a speaker with a sound piece coming out of it. The light box and speaker will be housed in a foam core box. It won't be left on too long, so it shouldn't get too hot. There is also a stop motion of the language accumulating on a piece of paper and a giant poster of the final accumulation.

Surface Resist Dying

Indeterminate Textile- I am using my system of indeterminancy that I created for my sound class to generate a textile. I am finished with the dying portion. Now I just have to create the grid for the fabric clips to be housed in/on.

Sound Art

Spatial Transformation- I am casting 100 wax hands and placing them on the ground in the space that my sound class has designated for our projects which is right in front of an elevator near Falvey Hall. I was going to hang them from the grate on the ceiling, but they don't allow objects to be hung from there. My sound piece is going to consist of recordings of 'hand sounds'- palms rubbing, fingers rubbing, scratching, snapping, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment