Monday, March 12, 2012

Amsterdam, Day 3

 Decided to start out the day as an uber tourist by heading out to Dam Square.
 On the way there, I heard this kid playing sax on his house boat. The Dutch are natural performers.
 Swan in Canal
 View from Canal
 View from Canal
 View from Canal
 View from Canal
 View from Canal
 This whole area was pretty touristy. A lot of hotels and places catering to stereotypical Amsterdam. As I was walking I hardly heard any Dutch being spoken.
 View from Canal
View from Canal
 Leaning Building
 Dam Square
 Dam Square
 Dam Square
 This clock tower has the most beautiful bells/chimes.
 Almost there…
 There we are!
 Went back to my favorite store, COS, and did my damage. Spent most of the day wandering around. It is pretty hard to get lost in Amsterdam. I found the Kattenkabinet, but I didn't go in. It is a museum that this guy started after his cat died, and all it has is cat art or art with cats in it. After walking around forever, I went back to the apartment and rested until about 8, when we all headed out in search of food. The market was closed and we decided to try and find The Pancake House. Unfortunately we didn't, so we went into the first place we saw, as we were all tired and hungry, but they only dish they had left on a Sunday night was mashed potatoes and veggies. We promptly left, and found an Italian restaurant a few blocks away. It was warming and delicious. On the walk home we passed some pretty cool looking stores that I plan on returning to. I passed out as soon as I got home.
Banksy?



No comments:

Post a Comment